The brave-hearted Aries New Moon is nigh! Bold energies are afoot to help you fling open the door to your future and courageously walk through it. This means taking steps toward where you want to be, especially with your career (Aries = the Career and Life Path gua in Astro Feng Shui).
The best way to start is at your own front door. No matter where it’s located or whether or not you use it, your front door is the all-important “mouth of chi” by which good energy flows to you. Go out and eyeball it right now. Peeling paint? Cobwebs? Porch light out? Kids’ toys strewn around? If so, this state of affairs is a direct reflection of where you’re at with your career – time to get to work!
Between now and Saturday’s Aries New Moon (April 18, 11:57 a.m. PDT), take time to clean and enhance your front door area. Then, do a ritual at the New Moon to invite fresh new energy in. This could be as simple as lighting a red candle inside the doorway and speaking your intentions. The Sun and Moon join as Mars (Aries’ ruling planet) in determined Taurus squares Jupiter, recently direct in enthusiastic Leo. Abundant energy is available, just waiting to be harnessed.
If you’re feeling brave, paint your front door red! This classic feng shui cure is said to work best if your house faces south; it’s contraindicated if the house faces north. But let your intuition be your guide to what feels right for you. Any dark, rich color such as mahogany or forest green would be a great enhancement for the Career gua.
Since Aries corresponds to the Ascendant (personal self), it may also be time to update your image or embark on an exercise or weight loss campaign. The Aries New Moon is ideal for this. Don’t put it off much longer, though, as Mercury slows down and turns retrograde next month, which isn’t as favorable for new beginnings.
Need to pump up your energy? Try this Aries New Moon ritual from my book, Astro Feng Shui: Making Magic in Your Home and Life. If you’d like some expert help with getting unstuck in your career, contact me for a Snapshot reading ($95) and we’ll launch you on the road to success!
Meanwhile, here are ten tips to help with your front door makeover:
1. If your front door looks shabby, wash it down and/or apply a fresh coat of paint. If red isn’t for you, you can still spark things up by tying a red ribbon around the door handle.
2. Create a clear path to the front door. Keep your entrance free from obstructions such as overgrown plants or trees. Remove any grime, cobwebs or bird droppings that may have built up on or around the door.
3. Add a fountain – water features are wonderful chi-movers for your career.
4. Place a symbol of your chosen career just inside the door, to magnetize clients or job opportunities.
5. Don’t block the interior entryway with coats, shoes, etc. If you prefer people take their shoes off upon arrival, have a shoe rack to put them in.
6. Use your front door. Many people come and go from a garage or side door that leads to where you park your car. But the front door should be used as the main entry point as much as possible, to keep the chi flowing properly.
7. Make sure that your front door opens easily. If it’s hard to open the front door or gate, you may feel stuck in your career. Also, fix any sticky locks or hinges.
8. Ensure that your front door is accessible. If it’s off to the side, mark the space around or leading up to it with garden statues, lights and flowers. Then, add matching plants on each side of the door, and a nice, substantial welcome mat.
9. It’s important that your doorbell and mail box are in working order. They represent your ability to connect with the outside world.
10. Add wealth enhancements to your door, like an exterior bagua mirror, a bunch of chili peppers, brass door knocker, wind-chime or an old-fashioned key.
Simone Butler says
Glad you enjoyed it, Terry! Happy New Moon!
Very fun Simone! Love the pictures. Thanks